Our Sustainability Journey
U.S. Tire Manufacturers Association (USTMA) member companies are committed to sustainable manufacturing practices in every aspect of their businesses. As global leaders in manufacturing, they embrace a shared responsibility of helping to achieve a more sustainable society.
Our members’ collective progress and vision for a sustainable U.S. tire manufacturing industry drives our members’ six aspirational goals in the areas of safety and environmental stewardship and our members’ economic impact in communities across the U.S.
See a message from USTMA’s President and CEO, Anne Forristall Luke.
USTMA members strive to improve the longevity and driving performance of the tires we design, make and sell.
- Nearly 90%
- of U.S. facilities are certified under ISO 14001
- Nearly 10%
- reduction in CO2 emissions at U.S. facilities since 2010
- of scrap tires went to scrap tire markets in 2019
- Nearly 53%
- of energy at U.S. facilities comes from clean natural gas
- of member companies support philanthropic activities
USTMA recognizes three essential pillars of sustainability: safety, environment and economic impact. Explore how USTMA members create safe products and workplaces, embrace sustainable mobility of the future, and employ innovation and driving the U.S. economic engine.